Thank you for the tag on this, Jessica! It seems appropriate, since you were one of my first followers and definitely one of the most active.
The Rules for the #MyFirstPostRevisited Blog Hop
- No cheating. You must highlight your first post. Not your second post, not one you love… the first post only.
- Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).
- Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine, but NO editing.)
- Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
- Tag five (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.firstpost.jpg
- Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
- Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post.
So, What Was My First Blog Post?
My first post was in November of 2015, and was followed by radio silence until January 2016 because I wore myself out by winning NaNoWriMo for the first time ever. It was kind of a placeholder. An “I want to hold myself accountable to this project and also maybe start a blog?” Actually, looking back on it, I took to WordPress because my partner, musingtopieces, did.
Lately I’ve gotten out of the habit of writing so much, both in posts and fiction, but my first post was a beautiful blooming beginning. So much optimism. (Fun fact about my day today: I gave two weeks notice at work today. I feel lighter than I have in months. I feel… optimistic again.)
Here’s my first post.