This post is part of the April A to Z Blogging Challenge, where I am challenging myself to reflect on other A to Z posts that I come across.
Numerology is one of those things that I’ve always found interesting and my partner is really into, but I’ve never really learned very much about. So it was kind of cool to come across this A to Z post by Tricia’s Energy Garden and the concept of Universal Day Energy.
The basic idea is that everything can be reduced to a single, 1-9 digit. To calculate the number of a particular day, you add together the current month, current day, and current year.
April 3rd, 2018 = 4 + 3 + (2+0+1+8) = 4 + 3 + (1+1) = 4 + 3 + 2 = 9
From there, each number resonates with a particular kind of task or activity, providing some direction for the most creatively productive thing you can do that day.
- This is a great time to start new things and begin new projects, especially involving music or hands-on creativity. Apparently male energy is a thing with this number.
- This number is all about cooperation, kindness, and connecting with others. Write things and review them with other people in mind. Keep secrets rather than telling them all over town. Female energy is involved here.
- Be social and in a party mood, express yourself artistically, find joy in your work, write. This is a great time for decision-making, asking for special favors, and buying special gifts. Express your own creativity.
- This is a good number for strength, stability, rules, and being very deliberate and organized. Create long term goals, lay a good foundation, and remember that if you feel confined by your duties, your efforts will eventually pay off.
- This is a good day for movement, travel, meeting new people, and trying new things. Expect or create sudden changes, get in touch with your sensual self. Although, you’ll also want to make sure you don’t go too fast and recklessly get yourself in trouble.
- This number is very vibrant, and a good time to take care of yourself and your living and work environments. Create harmony and share your responsibilities with family and friends, but be careful not to expect too much.
- This is a spiritual day, a day for meditation and coming up with new ideas, even if you don’t act on them today. Do research, learn something new, get some rest, and avoid gossip.
- This day is very much about money, power, leadership, and control. Strong feelings may surface, and it’s a good time to examine how you deal with authority figures, especially when in the grips of those strong feelings.
- Give and care for others and the world at large. Be creative and express yourself in theater, visual art, or music. Bring things to a conclusion; finish up projects or let them go.
I haven’t yet decided if any of the above information is too vague to really help me make decisions in my life, and the male/female associations of 1 and 2 kind of rubs me the wrong way. But hey, it’s something new to think about. If I ever get a job again and have some big marketing projects to work on, and that day happens to be an 8, that random factoid might just give me the confidence boost I need to make some major progress.
There’s more to the post that originally inspired this: taking the day’s number into account is step three of making conscious choices to be the most creative we can be.
Step 1: Understanding what time of day is best for you for each task on your list
Step 2: Turning off distractions
Step 3: Tapping into the energy of the day, month and year
Those seem like really good guidelines to me, as bad as I am at step two. What do you think?