Although I don’t regret stepping back from my previous job, it’s been almost seven months unemployment. This is around the time when the “oh my god why won’t anyone interview me” gloom sets in. It’s been so long that I wanted to title this post Motivation Monday, because I am genuinely having trouble keeping track of what day it is.
So today, I tried a new method for responding to job ads: blatant self-bribery.
Keto Berry Ice Cream
This is based on a keto smoothie recipe I found and tweaked. When I first mixed everything together it was pretty liquidy and I prefer my smoothies thicker, so I decided to put it in the freezer and treat it like ice cream instead.
The thing about ice cream is that if, like me, you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can just put it in the freezer and give it a good hard mix every half hour. And what do you do in between mixing? Whatever you want so badly to procrastinate on.
That way you feel like you’ve earned it… and also don’t feel guilty for not saving any for when your partner gets home.
- 49 g mixed berries, frozen (I used Raley’s brand, with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 oz organic cream cheese
- 1 tsp Swerve granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mix everything thoroughly in a blender or food processor.
- If you just want to drink it as a smoothie, go for it. Otherwise, pop it in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, take it out and stir thoroughly.
- After another 30 minutes, take it out and stir thoroughly.
- After 30 minutes, take it out and stir thoroughly. Then decide you’ve earned it already and enjoy! (Or, you know, you could continue freezing. Depends on how hungry you are.)
I have a google spreadsheet system with nutritional information from the various packings and formulas that will autofill the values for both the ingredients and the overall totals or portions. Because I am a nerd with a lot of free time on my hands. Now, these might vary based on what frozen mixed fruit and brands you use, but here’s what I got:
Cal – 182.83 kcal
Fat – 17.67 g
Carbs – 9.27 g
Protein – 3.35 g