I recently experienced a life-changing revelation: it is possible to make ice cream without an ice cream maker.
… Some of you might already know this. But just to be clear, I’m not talking about the baggie of ice cream mixture inside a bigger baggie of water, ice, and rock salt. The recipe below is based on another recipe I found online, but different enough to be new on the grounds that I didn’t have several of those ingredients.
Also, I rue the day I got fat free Greek Yogurt without realizing it. I keep adding heavy whipping cream to everything to help balance things out… Hitting the right ratio of macronutrients for keto is hard.
Lazy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Ice Cream
- 60g non-fat Greek yogurt
- 20g heavy whipping cream (1 tbsp = 15g)
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1½ tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp granular Swerve sweetener
- Whisk everything together. If it ends up frothy, that’s okay.
- Freeze for one hour, then take it out and stir thoroughly.
- Freeze for half an hour, then stir.
- Freeze for half an hour, then stir and serve.
For those keeping track, all of this works out to…
Cal – 121 kcal
Fat – 8.4 g
Carbs – 7.7 g
Protein – 7 g