I was nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award by the talented JA Goodsell!
“Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.” – Neil Armstrong.
The Mystery Blogger Award…
- is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get.
- is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
- was created by Okoto Enigma.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
So here we go.
Three Things About Me:
- I love listening to audiobooks in the car. It gives me an extra compelling reason to get up and drive to work every day.
- I really should exercise more. Now that I have real hiking boots, maybe this will happen. I am not above putting headphones in and going for long walks, although it would help if my neighborhood had sidewalks instead of narrow country roads.
- Whether I’m writing fantasy, sci-fi, or “real world” setting, my stories will always have queer characters.
The Questions I Have to Answer:
- Who would you have dinner with, if you could do so with any DEAD person (they wouldn’t be dead at the dinner, obviously)?
Oh boy… I think I would want to have dinner with Neil Gaiman (alive) and Terry Pratchett (deceased). I wouldn’t know what to talk about with either of them separately but if put together I think a fascinating conversation would ensue. Plus, I really like Good Omens and might want to ask them some questions.
- What was your favorite movie that came out this year (2016)?
Heh, well, the only thing I saw in theaters this year was Sherlock: The Abominable Bride. But I’m really excited about eventually watching the new Ghostbusters, the new Star Wars, the new Star Trek, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, 10 Cloverfield Lane… and I am intrigued by Passengers.
- Where would you be right now, if you could be anywhere?
It’s funny, my partner and I won a dream vacation and we’ve been asking ourselves that every since. Lately we’ve mostly on the eastern coast of Mexico or somewhere on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Of course, we’re limited by our ability to pay for flights and food, so that aside… Maybe somewhere in Malaysia. Or London or Amsterdam. Ooh, Amsterdam!
- When you get up in the morning, what is the first thing you do?
The first thing I do is pet our tortie calico cat. She’s very demanding about it and might die if not given enough scratches.
- Why do you blog?
I blog, technically, because my partner wanted to start a blog so we both signed up on WordPress the same night. But it functions well as a way to hold myself accountable to writing regularly.
- Zen & Pi – zenandpi.com
- Hearts Everywhere –heartseverywhere.com
- Inkbiotic – inkbiotic.com
- Martin – someidiottalking.wordpress.com
- The Excited Writer – theexcitedwriter.com
- An Adventure in NaNoWriMo – tahenryauthoress.wordpress.com
- Musing to Pieces – musingtopieces.wordpress.com
- Author Miska Williams – mishkawilliams.wordpress.com
- Bridgett Morignia – bridgettmorigna.com
- Tyler Charles Austen – tylercharlesausten.wordpress.com
- Sam Dylan Finch – letsqueerthingsup.com
- Morgan S Hazelwood – morganhazelwood.com
- ellDimensional – elldimensional.wordpress.com
The Five Questions I’m Asking:
- What’s the book you always wanted to read (or should have read) when you were younger but couldn’t because you never found it/it didn’t exist? Like, what would you have felt truly represented you?
- Are you good with directions? (I’m not.)
- Starbucks, yes or no? Explain why.
- What are you the most hopeful about for 2017?
- Weird question: Do you have a favorite airport? (Mine’s SeaTac.)
My Best Post: