Thank you to JA Goodsell at The Course of Events for a Liebster Award nomination! I’m really honored. I’ve been blogging for over a year and kind of getting behind on posting lately due to life, but this is really good encouragement to stay on top of things.
With this nomination comes 11 questions to answer, 11 blogs to nominate, and 11 questions to write.
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
Robin McKinley, especially after reading her novel Sunshine. I will let one of my other favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, explain why.
“It’s an astonishing piece of work. A gripping, funny, page-turning pretty much perfect work of magical literature that exists more or less at the unlikely crossroads of Chocolat, Interview With a Vampire, Misery and the tale of Beauty and the Beast. It’s not quite SF, and it’s not really horror, and only kind of a love story, and it’s all three while still being solidly Fantastique. It also does that nice thing where the author assumes the readers are smart, and she treats us like we’re smart, and we purr and get smarter and work harder for all that. ” (x)
The Blue Sword and The Hero & the Crown are also excellent.
2. What are your thoughts on e-readers?
I’ve never gotten into them, but otherwise they’re okay. A friend showed me hers once and it looked like real print — not shiny and smartphone-like like the one my mom briefly had before it broke.
3. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done (that was also legal)?
Going on a trip to Amsterdam for my partner’s birthday one year. Toooootally legal. That was a great trip, I’d never been before.
4. Does your family read your blog?
Nope. I think I’ve mentioned to them that I have one, but I’ve never bothered to give any of them the address.
5. What do you blog about and why?
Reading and writing and books, mostly. I’m trying to get back into writing more, and doing world building for the novel I started in November.
6. E-book or paper book?
Paper book. I do social media for a living, my eyes get tired of screens sometimes.
7. Do you listen to any podcasts (if so, which ones)?
I don’t. I know there are a lot of good ones out there, but I prefer audiobooks. At least for right now.
8. How do you work your daily life into your writing/blog?
Part of why I blog is to hold myself publicly accountable to writing regularly, so I try to post my daily writing counts regularly. Like Marion Ann said in response to her nomination, “I become more conscious of my writing when I’m putting my writing life into my daily life.”
And lot of how I feel in my daily life leaks into what I’m writing. Gloomy moods, if I end up writing, leads to gloomy writing. Happy moods lead to more upbeat stories and upbeat posts.
9. What has been the most meaningful piece of literature in your life?
Is it bad that I can’t think of any one thing right now?
10. Do you listen to music while you write/blog?
Not usually. I get distracted when I do that because I tend to try to come up with ways the song playing fits what I’m writing.
11. Kirk or Picard?
Hm… Kirk is a classic, but I grew up watching Picard, so.
And here, in no particular order, are my 11 nominations:
- Sarah Lentz
- Sara Mariah
- Kyle A. Massa
- Allison Maruska
- Hearts Everywhere
- Sam A. Stevens
- As the Fates Would Have It
- Jessica M
If you choose to accept the award…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (don’t forget to include a link to my blog!)
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is more of a newbie award)
- Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer
- Put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog.
- And answer these…
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- Who is your role model in life?
- If you had to write outside of your preferred genre, what genre would you pick?
- Have you ever irrationally disliked an actor, then started watching a random show they used to be in and now you’re okay with them? (That’s how I feel about Ashton Kutcher and That 70’s Show.)
- What’s your guilty pleasure movie?
- Guilty pleasure book?
- How do you feel about fanfiction and why?
- What is your favorite quote and why?
- What makes you happy?
- If you could throw one thing at Donald Trump and get away with it, what would it be
- What is your biggest goal in life?
If you don’t want to participate, I totally understand. I just think you and your blog are pretty cool. Have a great day!